[OM] New Digital OM nostalgia?

Subject: [OM] New Digital OM nostalgia?
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:25:50 +0200
Hello,

I looked at www.photokina.de and found this:

photokina 2002
World of Imaging
Köln - 25. - 30. September 2002
Informationen zum Aussteller
OLYMPUS OPTICAL Co., Ltd. Marketing Departement Photo Shinjuku Sen-Ei
Building
Adresse 22-2, Nishi Shinjuku I-chome
Shinjuku Tokyo
Japan

Warengruppen (product groups) - PHOTO - VIDEO - FILM - IMAGING
- APS Kameras
- Digitalkameras, kompakt
- Digitalkameras, SRL-All-in-One
- Digitalkameras, SRL-System
- ...

This looks very much like there is a kind of Oly Digital SLR-System coming,
I checked some other manufacturers and the lists seem quite to the point.
Question is how compatible it will be with OM (or maybe even better with pen
FT/V, regarding the CCD size, that would be fun!). I think maybe Olympus
thinks about their trusty Zuikoholics, just like in Pen FT times, when the
OM-system appeared. There was the OM adapter as well, and an adapter for
practically all other mounts as well, imagine all these leica fanatics
mounting their lenses on a digital Olympus body... That is not a bad idea at
all... During the week you use the Olympus provided autofocus plastic (?)
ones, and in the week-end you go back manual! you lose a bith of your mm's,
but hey, it's for nostalgia.

Just a bit of dreaming,

iwert.
(ps I reassured my OM's I won't let them down)