RE: [OM] New Digital OM compatible system coming!?

Subject: RE: [OM] New Digital OM compatible system coming!?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:05:06 -0600
> But, while OM lenses would then fit, they will be 1)manual focus
2)stop-down
> metering 3) stop-down picture taking (like the old preset lenses, without
> preset) 4) if shutter prioirity automatic is offered in the body, will
still
> need to be stopped-down

 Couldn't you solve this, though? I'm not sure how much depth you'd have,
but if it was enough, the adaptor could take inputs from the camera body on
that face, and have little motors that pushed the stop-down lever around /
sensors that read where the aperture dial was, so you'd at least retain
aperture control.

 This would make it a fair bit more expensive, mind you, but theoretically
it should be possible (?) Manual focus, sure (unless you have some sort of
robot arm that sticks out the front of the camera and turns the focus dial,
but that _is_ probably out of the realms of sanity).

 -- dan