Re: [OM] New Digital OM nostalgia?

Subject: Re: [OM] New Digital OM nostalgia?
From: "Norman S. Nadel" <nsnadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:02:25 -0700
Wayne:

Thanks for the info and suggestions.  Been there, done that.

The closest I can come is to purchase the D30 from B&H for $1399. They have
it listed as a 10. This is already less than half the new price.

However, that is a bit too much for an experiment !!  These expensive
cameras are just not on display and no one has even come close to contacting
me about a "loaner".

I will succeed in my attempt to get one to try out but it may take a while.
Even if things did work out it would not be an ideal setup since the adapter
does not engage the diaphragm mechanism to allow it to function in its
normal manner.  I would have to set the aperture on the lens and then set
the camera to use aperture priority.  This would be great for the maximum
aperture but might not so for the bottom end.

Norm