Re: [OM] Yellowstone suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellowstone suggestions
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:36:56 -0400
At 08:40 AM 8/25/02 -0400, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

Well, I did just buy the BIG Tamrac case, so I could make myself really uncomfortable carrying a huge kit. Decisions, decisions. BB

Hi Bill,

I love macro work but, in my experience, you'll be much better served in September in Yellowstone with your wide angles and telephotos. Also, don't be disappointed if you don't see any bears in September. By this time of year they're usually moving back up into the high country. Since you're coming in from Big Sky I guess you'll be entering the Park from the west entrance at West Yellowstone. There should be some nice herds of bison and elk between there and Madison Junction. Be sure and visit Mammoth Hot Springs. The formations there are beautiful, if they haven't dried up from the lack of ground water, and there are usually several elk herds on the grounds. Also visit the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. The lower falls there is spectacular. The following URL will give you an idea of the type of equipment I find useful when visiting there:

<http://home.attbi.com/~jjohnso4/Yellowstone/images/index.htm>

Later,
Johnny