Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:51:50 +0100
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:36:06 +0200, Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Even if we
>can use OM Zuiko lenses.they're going to have their effective focal length
>multiplied by about 1.6x (assuming that a 4/3" chip is used).

I may be up the proverbial gum tree here but, with modern optical
designs, is it possible to shorten the focal length of a 35mm format
lens by placing a positive group between the lens and CCD? It seems to
me that this requirement might be eased because the mirror box
clearance is no longer required?

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)
(OM1, 2n, E-10, Bronica and a Box Brownie!)