RE: [OM] re: OT Hiking Advice -- foul weather wear

Subject: RE: [OM] re: OT Hiking Advice -- foul weather wear
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:41:35 -0700

 ....I have a low membership no. (something that gets RESPECT in these
parts.....

Yes, a good way to separate the "newcomers" from the locals. I got my
membership at the old store downtown. Either you had to go up the stairs
or down, now I can't remember. As a kid I was sure impressed by all of
the stuff crude by modern standards but which at that time was available
at few places in the US. Goldline, wooden ice axes, wrought crampons,
A-frame tents.... This was all BOM (before OM)

MIke
53 975

Gee, I thought I had a low number 115xxx. From the late 60s Never been to the Seattle store, although I bought from mail order before they branched out.

Winsor
No respect for anything in So. Calif.