Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:24:31 -0400
On Monday, August 26, 2002 at 17:51, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting" saying:

> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:36:06 +0200, Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Even if we
> >can use OM Zuiko lenses.they're going to have their effective focal length
> >multiplied by about 1.6x (assuming that a 4/3" chip is used).
>
> I may be up the proverbial gum tree here but, with modern optical
> designs, is it possible to shorten the focal length of a 35mm format
> lens by placing a positive group between the lens and CCD? It seems to
> me that this requirement might be eased because the mirror box
> clearance is no longer required?

The positive group would have to be different for each focal length, unless
it were a kind of reverse multiplier (divider?). Would be nice to gain
stops instead of lose them! f/.7 anyone?

Anyway, Olympus seems to be calling it an SLR, implying there is a mirror
box.

tOM--
--------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus-Documentation