Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:24:19 +0100
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:24:31 -0400, Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>On Monday, August 26, 2002 at 17:51, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>The positive group would have to be different for each focal length, unless
>it were a kind of reverse multiplier (divider?). Would be nice to gain
>stops instead of lose them! f/.7 anyone?

This is what I thought - a sort of negative teleconverter.  Since for
a conventional teleconverter the virtual (negative) focal length is
the same regardless of the prime lens in front of it, would the same
hold true for a positive lens behind the prime?

>Anyway, Olympus seems to be calling it an SLR, implying there is a mirror
>box.

The E-10 uses a splitter - I'm assuming that takes up less room than a
swinging mirror?

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)