[OM] Re: "Bad Picture" Error Message in E-20( Long)

Subject: [OM] Re: "Bad Picture" Error Message in E-20( Long)
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:18:31 -0700
Perhaps some of you E-10/E-20 gurus out there can shed some light on my
situation.

Yesterday I shot 16 images with my E-20 on a Scan Disc 64MB SM card.  When
the camera indicated that the card was full, I removed it and put it in the
protective carrier and then into a Case Logic wallet I use for cards and
batteries.  I have followed this exact procedure since I got the camera.

I put a second card in the camera and continued my shooting.  With both
cards I reviewed my shots on the LCD as I went.

When I got home I attempted to upload the images from the first card to my
PC via a Memorex card reader.  I got an error message on the PC and it would
not allow an upload.  I put the card back in the camera and got the message
"BAD PICTURE".  All frames as numbered by the camera indicated that message.
I could not "Delete" the frames and it was necessary to "Format" the card to
restore it to a useful state.

The second card uploaded fine.  I have since tried out the first card and it
too works fine.

Any ideas as to what might have happened?  I can't find this matter treated
in the Operating Guide.

Dave Dougherty

PS
Please remember that I am used to the error message "BAD PHOTOGRAPHY" or
"BAD PHOTOGRAPHER", but this is different.