RE: [OM] Bad processing of film driving people to digital?

Subject: RE: [OM] Bad processing of film driving people to digital?
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:59:52 +1000

-----Original Message-----
On Tuesday, August 27, 2002 5:08 PM
Jez.Cunningham wrote:

"Are consumers who switch to digital point & shoot getting their pictures
printed or do they all have a PC?
Sure the negs won't be scratched. but how long before we start to hear
'they destroyed my flash card', 'they accidentally deleted the files and
I've erased my card since'."

In a recent Sydney newspaper an article on digital cameras pointed out that
the days of archived family photographs may well be numbered. With galloping
technology it could be too difficult for the average consumer to keep up
with changing storage methodologies and unless hard copy is made and kept
(and kept in an appropriate environment) those much loved family images may
fritter away. We've had numerous threads on the list regarding other aspects
of the digital photographic revolution but I can't remember if this one was
discussed. Any comments?

John.