Re: [OM] S Zuiko ZOOM 35-70mm/F3.5-4.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] S Zuiko ZOOM 35-70mm/F3.5-4.5?
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:40:07 +1000 (EST)
 Thanks TOm for the response.
Im think im in the good seat - Im sure it is the 3.5-4.5 goody. If it is the
lens and it is what he says it is - 'mint condition', ill get it for sure. The
Gary Reese lens tests also give it quite a good rap as well. The tests
impressed me more than I thought.
Ill let the list know anyway when and when I see and or buy it.
To Tom and the list - I could imagine this lens being a very handy lens.
Furthermore, from what it looks, it holds up pretty well in optical performance
as well.
Cheers and thanks again.........., the holy grail............, the OM list!
Damo

  Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Damo,

Be careful. There are GOOD 35-70 lenses and BAD 35-70 Lenses.

The GOOD ones include:

35-70/3.6 - the 'professional' model
35-70/4 - the 'semi-pro', but still quite good model
35-70/3.5-4.5 the 'little and light' - very good -- my personal favorite.

The BAD one is

35-70/3.5-4.8 - Cosina-made, not Olympus. Not good.

Notice that the good light one is 3.5-4.5 and the bad light one is 3.5-4.8
(note the 8).

I'd bet it is the 'bad' one he has.

Tom

> Hello all,
>
> after getting some time to search the net for the 35-70 Zioko ZOOM that I
have found trough a local contact, ive found that its a pretty good lens.
MC, good focus mechanosm etc.

> The salesman says it was the later and lighter version of the original
Zuiko 35-70 ZOOM.

> To me its a sale.
>
> Can anyone fill me in with more good / no so good news about this lens?
>
> Cheers for those who replied.
>
> Damo

Macrovision - Business Management Consulting

35 Labouchere Road, South Perth, Western Australia 6151

Business +61 8 9474 9501 Fax: +61 8 9474 9648

Email: consult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.macrovision.com.au