Re: [OM] Re: What is an Ethical Photograph (Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: What is an Ethical Photograph (Long)
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:03:05 -0700
At 06:55 PM 8/27/2002 -0700, you wrote:
...It is my contention that if photography is to be considered even remotely as
an art, the photographer/artist should have the liberty to "interpret" the
photo to suit his purpose.

In my case, the purpose is to produce the most beautiful floral image I can.
Is this different than dodging and burning, selective cropping, retouching,
etc. as practiced by silver based photographers forever?  I don't think so.

My wife is a Photoshop fiend, she will remove wrinkles, make bigger eyes, dodge and burn to eliminate eyebags, borrow body parts to make a better picture etc. I on the other hand, don't do much of that. So...

Whatever works best for ya.

However, I do have to agree with Matt that personally I like most of the pictures with background better. To me, they look more natural, whereas the ones w/o background sort of look lonely. But that's just me.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]