Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?

Subject: Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting?
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 00:58:31 -0400
On Wednesday, August 28, 2002 at 9:08, Mike Veglia
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] [OD] What are we expecting" saying:

> In a message dated 8/27/2002 Winsor Crosby writes:
>
> << Could you expand on that a bit.  I am not sure what you are talking about
> with manual focus on the 5700. >>
>
> I have no idea how the 5700 focuses (aside from it being pushbutton, not a
> focus ring, and having an LCD viewfinder). My comment was in reply to a
> buttons and zoom in to verify focus would be cool. IMO, that would be a very
> cumbersome and slow way of achieving focus, and would be essentially useless
> for any kind of fast paced work. At a glance, the 5700 appears to be a
> viable alternative to the E-10/20 from a spec standpoint. Operationally, it
> doesn't compare though best I can tell. The EVF (Electronic View Finder) and
> push button focus being the areas it really falls short of the mark in my
> eyes.

The EVF (electronic view finder) has only 180k pixels, a very coarse image.
And I agree that a focus ring or wheel is much easier to control than a
button or two.

But I do like the idea of a megapixel EVF and a focus dial whose touch
enlarges.

tOM
------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714