[OM] Semi-OT/Olympus Medical Parts Info

Subject: [OM] Semi-OT/Olympus Medical Parts Info
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:13:30 -0500
Six (6!!) months ago, I received some older Olympus medical instrument
equipment for service from a local dealer (who no longer has relations
with Olympus America, largely due to their inept accounting department,
with whom I am also having an ongoing dispute -- but that's another
story!).  I suspect that Olympus America does not work on some of these
items, though I'm quite confident that they still manufacture,
distribute, and service similar if not identical products for which the
necessary parts _are_ still available.

I requested parts information for these items, or any similar current
devices, so that I could order the parts needed to complete repairs.  To
abbreviate the sordid story, no one at Olympus America will admit to
having any idea what I'm referring to, though I've seen and worked on
similar devices numerous times in my Olympus career.  After speaking
with numerous individuals at Olympus America and even emailing photos of
the equipment to them (all to no avail), it finally occurred to me that
perhaps someone on the mailing list has, or is aware of a source for,
the parts pages in question.

The items I have for service are:
two PA-35 (film holders, essentially, that mount on top of microscopes),
a PM-P and a PM-7 (image diverters that provide the interface between
the film holder above and the microscope).

If anyone has, or knows a source for, parts pages for these items, I
would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me directly.

Thank you!

Clint