Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux

Subject: Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:54:29 -0400
>The next alternative in terms of price, the HP S20, is a piece of crap in
my
>opinion, having tried one.

Andrew,

I'm surprised you're displeased with the little HP scanner.  I've had mine
for three years now and have had no problems and have no real complaints.
It works well with negatives, both color and black and white, and slides.
Until something the equivalent of the Polaroid SprintScan 120 Pro drops
into my price range ($1000 or less) the HP will have to suffice, and the
120 stuff will just remain unscanned.

Walt