Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux

Subject: Re: [OM] In lieu of a digital OM back, a 35mm scanner?; Linux
From: Josh Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:08:25 -0700
Walt Wayman writes:

>I'm surprised you're displeased with the little HP scanner.  I've had mine
>for three years now and have had no problems and have no real complaints.
>It works well with negatives, both color and black and white, and slides.
>Until something the equivalent of the Polaroid SprintScan 120 Pro drops
>into my price range ($1000 or less) the HP will have to suffice, and the
>120 stuff will just remain unscanned.

I've had generally good results from my HP scanner, too, the old
SCSI version, not the newer USB one.  Good enough for 11" prints
at least, assuming well-exposed negatives, and I've never had any
trouble with the scanner operationally or mechanically.

I'd love to have something faster and higher resolution, but the
HP does work more than adequately for my uses.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
Putnam Financial Services