Re: [OM] ( OM ) Zuikos again (what else?) 50/3.5 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Zuikos again (what else?) 50/3.5 macro
From: Benson Russell <snapper@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 20:56:38 +0100
> I know everyone loves the 90mm Zuiko, but the price, ouch!
> I would like to have a true macro lens though, as I do quite a lot of it and
> really enjoy it. The Kiron sounds like a good alternative, but they are a
> rare beast on epay. I don't mind if its heavy as I usually do macro stuff
> purposely, so go prepared with tripod, etc.
> I've also considered the Vivitar macro lenses, but have been a little
> nervous of quality, since you have to screw on an addition to get to 1:1.

Hello Wayne,

I've got consistent good results from my Tamron 90/2.5 Macro. They're not at
all hard to find and seem to be very well thought of. I use a filter style
close-up lens to increase the magnification when I need to. That's not the
received method, I know, but I always get publishable results.

Good luck with the hunt,

Ben Russell

Kealkil
Bantry