Re: [OM] Quick Auto 310 flash vs. T-series flashes, motor drive caps, et

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Auto 310 flash vs. T-series flashes, motor drive caps, etc.
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:04:26 +0200
The date code is not inscribed, just (screen?)printed with red ink, as far
as I recall. You can not always depend on it, as the back may have been
exchanged, but it is probably there.

Roger Key, CPH

Derek Fong wrote:

Finally, in the OM FAQ, it's noted that you can determine the date of
manufacture by looking under the pressure plate on the camera back for
a number.  Although I haven't taken apart my OM-2 to check it, I am
reasonably confident that there is nothing inscribed under the pressure
plate (holding it up to light, I can see the reflection of the back of
the pressure plate off the camera back and there's nothing there).  In
fact, the only number I have anywhere on the camera body is a six-digit
number on the bottom of the camera.  It's a used camera so I suppose
it's possible the camera back was changed at some point, but is there
no other way to find out when the camera was manufactured?

Thanks!

-f

--
Derek Fong