[OM] ( OM) off topic - not even OM (was digital -> 35mm)

Subject: [OM] ( OM) off topic - not even OM (was digital -> 35mm)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:32:28 +1200
Hi folks,

Many thanks for your advice about digital and 35mm slides.

I have just forwarded the essential points you made, to my friend from years
back.

I asked him about the camera that keeps failing. Here's what he wrote.

> No it is my autofocus Minolta maximum, that keeps flashing help and trying
> to unload phantom film.   Cost of having some one look at it is equal to
> half the camera alone.

Where can he find a good Minolta repairer (MD WV area preferred I suppose)
who would do a good assessment and repair?  I know nothing about Minoltas
except I have seen the one a local friend has; but handled it only once and
really absorbed little of what it is other  than it is a black, very electronic
AF
camera..

I'm very happy to have an off-list reply (address as above)

Sincerely,

Brian