[OM] ( OM ) QA310 flash units

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) QA310 flash units
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:08:59 +1200
Hi folks,

I'm writing this in the middle of doing other chores and pondering over what I
just read in the two digests that came in overnight.

Somebody (was it Damon?)  asked about the QA310 flash, and there was a
reply to the effect (among other things) that the plastic on the Quick Auto
310 flashes would be getting rather brittle by now.

And I remembered that there were two things that made me decide 30 years
ago in favour of OM, when I was getting out of Exacta and Contaflex.  One
was the OTF exposure measurement of the OM10 and the OM2, and the
other was the camera control of the QA310 flash, available in the OM2.

The QA310 is a powerful flash. I have three of them and their bodies show
NO signs at all of impending osteoporosis.  I have just loaned one to my
daughter who has buzzed off on a 3-4 week jaunt (having first fixed a
Dymotape label underneath which reads "No NICADS. Ever".).

I still think they are great, and haven't yet felt a strong enough urge to
shell
out for a T45 or a T32 in lieu.  I'm thinking of a F280 tho'

Brian