[OM] Jumping in the Pool, Headfirst

Subject: [OM] Jumping in the Pool, Headfirst
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 04:03:07 EDT
O.K., we're taking the plunge here.  Gulp.

First scan of a sunset over the 4th of July weekend out on the peninsula.
About the only modifications I made to this was to use Adobe PhotoDeluxe
Business Edition "dust" correction, and "sharpen".  Don't know what I'm doing
yet.  Oh, and I cut off some of the black foreground area at the bottom.
Scanner is an Epson Perfection 1200U.

I was standing very unsteadily on a log, trying to get "up" to capture as
much water as possible.  The actual sunset was rather dull, and we were about
to give up and go over to the campfire for a ('nother) beer, when over a
period of two or three minutes the sky started to get brighter, and the color
show began.  I got so excited I could hardly function.  I knew the "magic
light" wouldn't last long.

Didn't record the aperture, but I seem to recall I had the 35-105 pretty much
wide open at 1/60th.

That's the w. coast of Vancouver Island, B.C. in the rt. background.

Comments welcome.

Rich

 <A
HREF="http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=990031";>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=990031</A>

P.S.  Why Adobe "PhotoDeluxe Business Edition"?  It came bundled with the
scanner.  Any comments about that vs. "Photoshop"?