[OM] a good OM for kids?

Subject: [OM] a good OM for kids?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:21:34 -0700
Tom's intrepid macro picture taking daughters is giving me an idea what I should get for our first born's upcoming (in 3 months) 12 birthday. Previously I have bought her a cheapie focus free camera (plus numerous disposables for trips) and even a cheap 640x480 digi-cam. Now I am wondering whether she can upgrade to a "real" camera.

I can of course give her the Pentax ZX-5, which I no longer use, after coming back to OM-dom. Or may be I can get either a used OM-2000 or an OM-10 or OM-PC. I can't say she's too terribly mechanically inclined or anything like that. I don't know whether she will like to learn manual focusing, and exposure setting and all that stuff. OTOH, it's not like she is technological challenged, being growing up in this computer age. In fact, she knows more HTML than I do :-)

What are your recommendations? Of course if I decide to give her an OM, she will have to wait to inherit my Zuikos :-) I will have to get her a 50/1.8 or something.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]