Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:26:08 +0100
I'm with Olafo and Ian on this - I hand code everything on my pages. I prefer knowing exactly what's going into my pages. Kind of the internet equivalent of using a fully manual camera, I reckon :). HTML is extremely simple and logical and quick to learn - it took me about three hours to put up my first web page, way back in 1996, from scratch.

Roger

Wayne Harridge wrote:

I have got a new PC and find I cannot install the upgrade of
MS-Frontpage I have (due to the fact that I don't have a version to
upgrade from), so I'm looking at purchasing new software for website
development.  I'm running Windows XP.  Does anyone have any
recommendations ?  Should I just hack the HTML directly ?