Re: [OM] a good OM for kids?

Subject: Re: [OM] a good OM for kids?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:38:16 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:

Well, since I seem to have started this notion, I'll jump in.

I would suggest an OM-G/OM-20.  It's a good upgrade from the OM-10 and still
quite cheap.  I bought the girls off ebay, in two separate deals, with nice
50/1.8 lenses for $40 each.  Yes, that's body and lens $40.  Now I was
patient to get it.

They did struggle with the manual focusing for awhile -- lots of fuzzy
pictures, but now the split image is finally sinking in.  They are also in
the early stages of understanding apertures, so I just set a 'middlish' one
for them in most cases.

Sounds like a good arguement for the OM-PC with Program Mode for starting out. When it makes an aperture decision that doesn't give the result they want, it's a natural segue into the aperture/DOF discussion.

Moose