[OM] Jumping into the Pool Head First

Subject: [OM] Jumping into the Pool Head First
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 01:03:37 EDT
One other thing that is being painfully driven home to me as I post photos to
photo.net is that I am just plain a failure at recording the technical
details of my shots.  Bad habit I have to break.  One isn't inclined to put
down the camera and scribble down aperture, shutter speed, film, lens,
camera, filter, etc. when one is caught up in the moment (that all-too-brief,
fleeting moment) of zuiko, "magic light".

A small Olympus recorder would be great for that.  Sit down after the shoot
and transcribe the details.  Even with a recorder I bet I'd still miss some
details... the "action" just happens too fast.  I'm too busy trying to meter
and set exposure to keep up with it.

Does this mean I'm leaning towards an autoexposure wunderbrick?  HELL no!

Rich