Re: [OM] Jumping into the Pool Head First

Subject: Re: [OM] Jumping into the Pool Head First
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 02:48:53 -0500
I have to admit that the last few times I have attempted to record data shooting a whole roll in each session I wound up skipping a frame here and there, jotted some down as in "I think it was", and thus some of them I could not possibly state with certainty with which settings they were taken. The film yes, the settings no.

However, I do think it is a good idea. Learning to shoot without a meter whether for general use or "just in case the meter or battery fails" one day. It is perhaps always useful to others in a limited sense. While the viewer can not be sure of what the actual light conditions were when the shot was taken, they are useful in the general sense all the same.

But I don't see it as an obligation unless it is required in a competition submission.

Cheers,
Lee