[OM] Discrepancies between e-SIF and real life regarding OM-G / OM-20

Subject: [OM] Discrepancies between e-SIF and real life regarding OM-G / OM-20
From: flowerside@xxxxxxxxxxxx ()
Date: 5 Sep 2002 08:31:05 -0000
Hi all,

maybe I'm totally dumb, maybe not (what a good start for this message, indeed!)
but being an OM-20 owner, I've noticed that the camera behaviour when in "auto"
mode (aperture priority) does work differently than what stated in the e-SIF.

The Sales Information File reports that "the measuring range [in automatic
mode] is EV-0.5~EV18 which goes from 2 sec. to 1/1000 sec. at normal
temperatures and humidity with ASA 100 and F1.2 50mm".

Well, when the ambient light is very low and I close the lens diaphragm to
(let's say) f/16, my OM-20 leaves  the shutter open for more than 2 seconds.
Anyone holding the same camera should try taking a picture with the body cap
on: the shutter stays open until you remove the cap, thus meaning that the
camera is trying to "integrate" the amount of light coming in until it reaches
the right amount needed for a correct exposure, and this could indeed exceed
the aforementioned "2 seconds" exposure limit.

I haven't measured the maximum amount of time before the shutter closes when
the body cap is on, but this - in my opinion - should be close to that of the
OM2 (60 seconds or so).

Just to let you know what you already knew! ;^)

Bye

Fabio

PS: Feel free to insult me if I've misunderstood something. ;^)

Salve, il messaggio che hai ricevuto
è stato inviato per mezzo del sistema
di web mail interfree. Se anche tu vuoi
una casella di posta free visita il