Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Software for website development
From: derek fong <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 05:43:25 -0400
On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 04:44 AM, Peter Dixon wrote:

Just to add to the mac browser comments, icab is v small and very fast, v good for older macs,
and the best of all, omniweb, for os x only , is just beautiful...

I have to admit I'm not a fan of OmniWeb. It's relatively slow, doesn't render some sites properly ("properly" being a subjective term these days.. *sigh*), and doesn't support all that many plugins. Mozilla is cross-platform. And it rules. =)

And just to keep this message (somewhat) on-topic, just got my first set of color photos back, which were taken with my OM-2 and my 50/1.8 (single-coated with some dust inside the lens). The photos are crystal clear. You'd never think there was dust in the lens. (Previously, I'd always loaded the camera up with Ilford HP-5 Plus so I never even gave the dust a second thought since this film tends to be pretty grainy anyway.) This bodes well for me because a lens I bought off eBay has a couple of small black specks in it and I haven't gotten my test shots back yet, so it's a nervous wait to see if the lens will have to be returned...

-f

--
Derek Fong
Web Application Developer

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce