RE: [OM] Aperture Ring Mark question

Subject: RE: [OM] Aperture Ring Mark question
From: Harry Wiechel <h.wiechel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:24:03 +0200
At 09:23 AM 9/6/2002 +0200, Harry wrote:
>Hi all Zuiks.
>
>here is a question that has bothered me for some time, (though really
>nothing important). Over the years I have accummulated a number of prime
>Zuikos and two zooms. All lenses have this little white mark on the
>aperture ring at the highes aperture setting (i.e. 2,8) ?  Does any one
>know what it is supposed to indicate? couldnot find anything in the archive
>on this..

Assuming you don't mean a usage mark :-) but the little white line, I think
it's to indicate the clickstop for the largest aperture. My guess is the
stop between it and the next largest is very small so if they print the
aperture number right on the click, it would bunch up to the next largest
number.

// richard

Richard, yes this is what I thought it was, but it is also on lenses where
there IS enough room for the print.

harry