[OM] ( OM ) Records of shots taken. (was: Jumping into the Pool Head Fir

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Records of shots taken. (was: Jumping into the Pool Head First )
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:39:41 +1200
Chris Barker wrote

> I try to record everything I take with my OMs.  I now have a notebook
> for each sort of camera.  One for my OM1N mono body, one for my 2
> OM4/Tis, and one for my Bronica RF645.  I miss shots every now and
> again, but it serves to supplement my poor memory for places if I
> record shots - exposure number, date, lens, aperture, shutter, meter
> mode/indications, filter, content.  In addition, each roll has a
> number and I record the film type.
>
> You might be interested to know that the Olympus Camera Club in the
> Uk are selling Pearlcorders

I have been writing down the essential aspects of every shot since I first had
a 35mm. From about 1956.  Those notebooks are an indispensable record. I
don't always get every shot recorded at the time - at a  party or such I might
just record date, place, camera, film, lens, general topic, and leave it at
that.
But every film has a number and so does every frame (eventually). The best
shots that go into the computer database use both those numbers to link to
the factual details, and also for the slide hangers in the cabinet where the
film is stored to keep order..

For me it's just a matter of discipline. Not "will I do it this time?" There's
no
question.   Do it.   I also bought a Pearlcorder (1986) thinking that I'd use
it
for instantaneous records for later transcribing. But never have, not even
once. Writing it down on the spot saves double handling.  2c.

Brian