Re: [OM] Common Courtesy - A Rant!

Subject: Re: [OM] Common Courtesy - A Rant!
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:24:17 -0700
on 9/6/02 11:02 AM, Walt Wayman at hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I thought for a while that I was a Zuikoholic.  I've come to realize that
> I'm really not.  Honest!  Counting the Zeiss, Schneider and Rodenstock
> lenses for my medium format gear, plus the three Tamrons, one Carl Zeiss
> Jena and one Phoenix for my OM gear, "other" lenses outnumber my Zuikos 21
> to 17.  Since that proves I'm actually not a Zuikoholic and don't have a
> problem, I now consider myself free to paddle around in the Bay to catch
> more Zuikos, and in the last week, I have snared two.
>
> Now for the rant:
snipped a bit where Walt buys two lenses I would buy if I were a Zuikoholic,
and were working... but I'm not... so when I am working I guess those lenses
will be on my buy list. I like this new logic -- for every non-Olympus lens
I own/buy I can get another Zuiko.

> Walt

Walt, I can think of only a couple reasons why you haven't gotten more
communications from the sellers...

Either they are really busy, selling a lot of stuff and can't send multiple
coherent emails to each buyer...

Or, they may be email-phobic and not comfortable sending out written
messages. While most of the correspondents on this list and my other lists
are fairly literate (often more so when English is not their first
language!) I've gotten private emails from sellers which lead me to think
they didn't finish middle school...

As part of the feedback process I comment on the communications if I have
room, perhaps this kind of communications (or lack thereof) should be noted
as a correction mechanism in the feedback message...

Don't be so casual about scoring two of the most highly desirable Zuikos --
and have fun using them!
--

Jim Brokaw