[OM] Camera bag recommendations

Subject: [OM] Camera bag recommendations
From: derek fong <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:26:33 -0400
I'm planning to get a camera bag, but can't seem to find what I want/need. I thought my requirements were pretty straightforward:

1) Should provide a reasonable level of shock and weather protection for its contents in an urban setting (I don't plan to visit any rainforests in the near future, but springs and winters can get pretty nasty up here in the Great White North)

2) It should be small and inconspicuous enough to let me carry it around with me the city like an everyday shoulder bag (it should preferably also have some room for papers and stuff, but not necessary)

3) It can't look like a "traditional" camera bag

4) It should hold my OM-2 with two prime lenses (one 28mm, the other a spare 50mm to go with the one already mounted on the camera), and preferably be able to hold a second smaller SLR with lens (my Nikon Pronea S)

5) Has to be reasonably affordable

Having read over the photo.net recommendations and not being satisfied with too many of them, I went to Tamrac's site and found the Velocity series (http://www.tamrac.com/f_velocity.htm). Does anyone have any experience with these? (Incidentally, my main beef with the photo.net recommendations is that none of them seem well-suited to someone who just wants to have a camera handy at his side while trekking through the city minding or conducting his own business. I don't want a bag that advertises the fact that I'm carrying camera equipment and I don't want or need a bag that's bigger than your average shoulder bag.)

Thanks in advance!

-f

--
Derek Fong
Web Application Developer

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce