RE: [OM] Digital SLR

Subject: RE: [OM] Digital SLR
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:21:11 -0700
It doesn't get rid of them, just 'maps' around them so when the final
image is generated it ignores the 'bad' pixels.  You don't really get a
1:1 image pixel for pixel in a digital camera.  It actually builds the
image from a grid of CCD pixels which have filters over them to respond
to red, green, or blue light.  It's one of the reasons digital cameras
have a delay after tripping the shutter - it's not only the storage
speed!!  It actually has to build the image.

Jim Caldwell

I am sure you are right but I do have a problem getting my brain
around lack of 1:1 correspondence to the optical image.  Do you mean
that the information from a nearby pixel is duplicated and
substituted for the dead one, like a cloning stamp in Photoshop?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?