RE: [OM] ( OM ) Internal lens flare

Subject: RE: [OM] ( OM ) Internal lens flare
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:29:57 +1200
Hi Buddy

For the photo on my website, the day was quite overcast. I needed overcast
to reduce the contrast. That tree casts SO much shade it is difficult to
imagine. The sun would have been coming over my left shoulder, yet the flare
is on the right. (Looks at notebook) I don't think I had the hood for that lens
at that stage (got one later courtesy Bill Barber - thanks Bill). But it was a
tripod shot and I put my hand on the camera to steady it even more. In my
opinion the flare comes entirely from the bright light reflected from the white
trunks of the Eucalypt trees shining through the gaps in the macrocarpa
branches and foliage. And it has affected the darkness of the image of those
darker branches and trunk

For the 75-150, I'm 90ure I would have used the hood. After all, it's right
there with that lens.

Brian