[OM] 85mmF2 6/5 5/4

Subject: [OM] 85mmF2 6/5 5/4
From: ReinholdLetschert@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 00:34:29 +0100
Haven't yet posted on this list but found it very interesting reading
when I stumbled across it. I was quite surprised to find such a lively
discussion on a hobby/system on which I got hooked since I bought
my first OM-2N with a 85mmF2 and a 50mmF3.5 macro in 1981.

In the (German) 1980-catalogue that I received from Olympus Europe
in Hamburg in March 1981, the 85mmF2 ist listed as 6/5. So it is
in the 1981-catalogue which they sent me in September 1981.
In their "Lexikon des OM-Systems" (encyclopedia of the OM-System)
which was edited up to December 1981 it is however listed as 5/4.
This might narrow down the time of change a bit.

In case it is of any interest:
The 200mmF5 (which is an excellent lens) was last listed in the
1980-catalogue. One of the benefits is it's weight of only 370grams,
another the fact that it takes a 49mm filter.

Also the 28mmF3.5 was replaced by the newer 28mmF2.8 in the
period between the 1980- and 1981-catalogues.

Greetings to everybody from a newcomer to the list.

Reinhold Letschert