Re: [OM] 85/2: 5/4 or 6/5

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2: 5/4 or 6/5
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 03:12:57 +0100
In "the world of OM Systems" (Pangerl), the SC lens diagram is shown with
two cemented pairs. The second element (first of the first pair) is almost
parallel faced (but highly dished). It is this element which seems to have
been amalgamated into the second element of the revised formula. No details
of glass are given, but I assume that it was there for colour correction,
and the revision made it redundant. there were lots of new glasses around at
that time..
Within the limitations of the published diagrammes, there don't appear to be
any other optical changes, but somehow it got 3mm longer to match the
100/2.8.

Julian