Re: [OM] Vuescan under OSX? was Dimage Scan etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Vuescan under OSX? was Dimage Scan etc...
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:40:43 -0600
On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 02:52  PM, Tal Lancaster wrote:
Are you saying that under OSX that it doesn't respect VueScan's
Files->Default_folder field?

Sort of... Here's what I wrote to Chris - didn't notice that it went out to the list as well as to me due to the digestion lag...

Yes, I think Vuescan's user interface is a bit on the rough side, although I think it has improved substantially since I first looked at it :) This took me a while to figure out too, but if you go to the File tab, just to the right of the TIFF file name, there is a button with an @ on it. Click this, and you can then choose the location to save the files. I believe that the Default Folder field lower down on the screen is the location to save the Index files. If you check the Save JPEG file box, you will get another filename field, with an @ button to the right to choose the location of JPEG files. Makes perfect sense, eh?

So, while it's rather confusing, and slower than molasses, I have been quite impressed with the results I've been able to get with it. I think that Vuescan is the only OSX compatible scanning program for the Minolta scanners as well.

Mark Marr-Lyon