[OM] Speculation about the new Oly DSLR system.

Subject: [OM] Speculation about the new Oly DSLR system.
From: "Tim Chakravorty" <suchismit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 01:00:41 -0700
So far we have all been entertaining the thought (and hoping) that the new DSLR
system will have an adapter
for mounting Zuiko lenses. Sounds like a reasonable business decision for
Olympus. In addition to first time
buyers who will buy both new bodies and lenses, the current OM owners will also
have a good reason acquire
a digital body from Olympus.
I was just thinking..what  if Olympus decides to make the new lenses compatible
with the older bodies as well ?
Sure focal lengths will be shorter on 35mm bodies and the lenses will work only
in MF mode. But what have we
got here..total compatibility within the 35mm bodies and lenses and the digital
bodies and lenses.  An OM owner
will  not only want to buy a digital  body , but the new lenses as well.

Its 1 in the morning, maybe I am just dreaming.....

-Tim