[OM] Help me sell my Leica to buy more Oly !!!

Subject: [OM] Help me sell my Leica to buy more Oly !!!
From: "Reuben Acciano" <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:29:08 -0500
Gang,

I have recently "inherited" a Leica R4 SLR and 135 f2.8, 35mm (non ASPH) 2.8
and 50mm f2
Leitz (Wetzlar) lenses. The body is in excellent condition, the lenses in very
good condition (ie.
perfect glass, handling and operation, despite some obvious use/handling
cosmetic
wear/brassing). Is there anyone out there who knows anything about Leica SLRs?

I obviously love my Olys too much to even CONTEMPLATE investigating this system
in too
much depth. Though I am seriously blown away by the mechanical engineering and
the sheer
quality that oozes from these cameras and lenses in  terms of handling, I am
not sufficiently
impressed enough to consider abandoning my Zuiks (lighter, smaller, certainly
in the ballpark
for quality, if not exactly equal) and baby 4Ti. One thing's for sure though,
if I sold this gear off, I'd
have a fair bit of dosh to use on support/service/maintenance of my existing
oly stuff plus NEW
LENS ACQUISITION power (drool, drool!!!) .

The problem is, I don't know a heck of a lot about Lecia gear, especially as a
secondhand
prospect. I am looking to get about  $1750 US for the lot. Does anyone out
there know if this is
unrealistic/ fair (for the buyer) reasonable/ a bargain for some lucky Lecia
hunter/ exorbitant -
where am I with these figures? ( I have based them on Australian prices . ie ~
3500 AUD for a
similar kit in worse condition here is pretty typical).

What do any of you think? Are there any part-time Leicaphiles out there who can
help? Or
reccommend me to a known Lecia buyer/friend? (I have sold a few items to
members of this
list over the last couple of years - no complaints yet!) Does anyone here
frequent or know of a
similar Leica list, and would I be laughed at dropping this kind of a FS post?
Help me, Zuiks!
Enable and support my Zuikoholism by helping me divest myself of this -
admittedly, interesting
- though basically useless (to me) acquisition (I'd rather explore medium
format and stick with
my Oly's for 35mm stuff  ...).

Look forward to some useful reply posts (hope hope hope !!!)

Obligatory OM content: the quicker I sort this out, the quicker I can buy my
mate's dad's OM3 off
him ...

Reuben Acciano
Perth, Western Australia