Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 100/2.8
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:49:10 -0700
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 20:35:50 GMT, plp@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>While we're discussing the cemented pairs of the 85/2, I
>thought I'd ask if anyone besides AG prefers the 100/2.8
>over the 85/2.  The 100/2.8 offers a little more power,
>while the 85/2 offers a brighter viewfinder.  Has anyone
>besides Gary tested/used both of them?

I own both of them, and while the 85 is a very nice lens, I most often reach
for my 100. My decision is primarily
about focal length, though - the 100 simply offers a more obvious difference
from my 50, so the 85 doesn't go in the
bag unless I'm specifically shooting portraits or basketball.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company