Re: [OM] Buying a 300 / 4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Buying a 300 / 4.5
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:31:43 EDT
<PRE>I would ask if it is single coated or multicoated and mine happens to be a
single coated version.  I'd then ask if there or any problems with the glass,
such as, scratches, fungus, "cleaning marks" or anything else that would
detract from the glass.  I would then ask if the mechanics are full
functional. Specifically, does it focus smoothly, are there signs of wear on
the barrel, are the aperature blades snappy and is there any oil on them.
I'll usually ask if they have the lens hood for the lens and is it included.
Sometimes after asking whatever questions I will ask a seller if there is
anything else I would need to know about the piece of equipment.  I'd also
check out the sellers feedback rating if it is on ebay.  My 2 cents worth.
Bill Barber