Re: [OM] TOPE11... what is "architecture"?

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE11... what is "architecture"?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 19:00:52 -0500
At 12:45 9/9/02, iwert wrote:
As an architect, to me, every (man made)* structure to shelter anything
(even an OM collection) is architecture...

iwert

*and I really like to extend it to termites, beavers, spiders, birds... but
would it become off topic then?

It's only OT if you start rambling about various relatives by first name and about which we have nary a clue.

Suggestion (to all):
Interpret the task, a "photograph of architecture," as you see fit to interpreting it. Rather than ask for permission beforehand, beg for forgiveness afterward if anyone takes umbrage at your interpretation of what qualifies as a "photograph of architecture." The best themes have been broad and left to individual interpretation. It allows the greatest use of imagination and produces the greatest creativity.

-- John