RE: [OM] Buying a 300 / 4.5

Subject: RE: [OM] Buying a 300 / 4.5
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:02:12 -0700
I use a 500mm f8 mirror quite a lot for wildlife and sport but feel the need
for another Zuiko (I'm infected) and better quality - not too sure which
takes priority there :-)

I also like the effect of long lenses and actively dislike wide angles.

300mm Zuikos are moderately common on eb*y UK, the last I saw went a few
weeks ago for around £275, UK shop prices are a LOT higher than this...
however neither my wife nor my bank manager are in too much of a hurry here.

I'd consider a pristine USA purchase but I think the dreaded UK import duty,
VAT and shipping will make it non viable... although I perhaps know a friend
in Florida........

Ian