Re: [OM] Re: Spot Meter Thingy..

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Spot Meter Thingy..
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:53:58 +0200
I guess that your next purchase should be an 'OL'-marked Adaptall-2 mount
for your Tamron, or som epoxy to fill in that dumb screw hole on the your
older mount!

Roger Key

OK, I did a smart thing: bought an OM-4 from a fellow listserv
member (Thanks to Greg, I could not be happier or have made a
better decision!!).

Next, I did a stupid thing - and bought a Tamron 75-250 lens with an
adaptall 2 mount (actually, purchased by accident, sort of,  from yet
another list member...).

On the second mounting attempt - the bugger sliced off the top of
my spot meter do-hicky (also known as a CE572500).  These are
not, how should I say it, widely available here in Israel...! Anyone
know of a source? I've sent out a note to John H. (no reply yet)  -
but if anyone else on the list knows of a source, or happens to have
one laying about, it would get my OM up and running (in time for this
TOPE). Or, perhaps someone knows of a substitute idea? I tried to
cover it with tape to keep it engaged, but it doesn't work because the
tape jams up the shutter speed dial.

By the way - what kind of grease should I use for under the shutter
speed dial?  (CE573400, etc...).There was some discussion a while
back - an international product would be nice.

I really hope I can get this operational without having to send it
abroad. Any help or ideas from list members appreciated.

Benson
********************************
Words are the bridge from wish to reality, they possess the power
to turn thin air into great cities. But be careful, for that bridge can
be traversed in both directions and rather than help build a great city,
they can destroy a beautiful dream.
Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business