[OM] Leki walking pole. Was Portrait vs. Landscape

Subject: [OM] Leki walking pole. Was Portrait vs. Landscape
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:59:14 +0100
Cc: "'OM list'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
IanG wrote

"Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Portrait vs Landscapel: A plea for help

I missed the comment about the Leki walking pole... I've one of those and
fitting the mini ball head sounds very sensible indeed, in fact I think I'll
do exactly the same. Very good idea thanks."

I forgot: the wooden knob doesn't fit straight onto the Manfrotto ball head as
the wheel on the head is just slightly too big for the socket machined into the
wooden knob. It might be possible for someone with a wood turning lathe to open
it up, but I found that a Jessops camera screw fits into the socket, and the
combo then screws onto the ball head.

OM content: I tried using the pole to steady my 200mm f/4 on some shots at the
Bristol Zoo. Results on Elitechrome looked nice and sharp.

Chris