[OM] KEH "Bargain" lens

Subject: [OM] KEH "Bargain" lens
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:02:32 -0500
Aaron:

I recently purchased a 135/4.5 BGN lens from KEH.  It had a dent in the
filter ring (though I could still mount any of the ring flashes) and I
later found out that it was missing a collar on the back of the lens.
However, the glass was perfect, and one could tell that they had gone
through it to make sure that every thing was OK.  I paid $145, and have
never regretted it since...  I won't tell you which other BGN lens I am
planning to buy, but I hope it stays there until I can get the money!

But don't take my word for it, wait for all the other list members to
tell you what a bargain bargain lenses really are! ;)

Bob

<snip>

Has anyone purchased a "bargain" rated lens from KEH?  If so, in what
condition was the lens?  Would you do it again?  There's a cheap ($79)
135mm f/2.8 that I'm interested in, but I'm a little leery about getting
that much lens for so little.

I don't care about what the outside of the lens looks like, but I do
want something that will take good pictures.  Should I spend a little
more to get something in better shape?

Thanks,
Aaron