[OM] [OT] sticky, was [OM] Common Courtesy - Not a Rant!

Subject: [OM] [OT] sticky, was [OM] Common Courtesy - Not a Rant!
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:30:33 +0200
Walt wrote:

In other words, everything was perfect,
> except that whoever previously had custody of it had tethered the lens cap
> to the lens with one of those string-and-garter things.  I immediately
> removed that silly contraption, which left sticky goo on the lens cap.  But
> alcohol exists for many good and beneficial reasons, one of which is to
> remove sticky goo from where it oughtn't to be.

If you believe it or not, simple kitchen oil is a very good sticky goo
remover, and pretty harmless to plastic, just put some on, wait a little,
and then gently rub it of (the sticky stuff), you might have to do it
several times, but it mostly works when alcohol is not a big succes...
(depends on the kind of sticky goo).

And have a nice time testing your 35 shift, it takes a little while to get
used to it, and use it stopped down to a minimum of f5.6. Since I got it,
I sold my 35f2, because I hardly used it anymore.

succes,

Iwert