Re: [OM] [OT] Portrait vs Landscapel: A plea for help

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Portrait vs Landscapel: A plea for help
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:54:19 -0700
I too use a Leki walking stick as a monopod. However, I prefer the Bogen 3232 head to a miniball. It only has altitude adjustment, but the 'pod provides lateral adjustment. Is much easier to set the tension to allow moving the camera without it simply flopping loose than on the miniballs I have. It also has a separate thumbwheel to attach the camera without completely releasing the head. A simple and highly functional (and cheap!) design.

Moose

IanG wrote:

I missed the comment about the Leki walking pole... I've one of those and
fitting the mini ball head sounds very sensible indeed, in fact I think I'll
do exactly the same. Very good idea thanks.