RE: [OM] an OM weekend

Subject: RE: [OM] an OM weekend
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:44:27 -0500
What? I think being around C-5s and C-141s running up engines during maintenance was interesting. Pardon me? Of course the book says, "always wear ear protection". The mission requirement however was, "you must always have your radio on, and monitor it continually". Huh? :)

For unexpected shock value though I think it was FB-111, RAF Tornadoes and Jags sneaking up on us on the peaks and ridges in North Wales that really sent the heart rate up. Sometimes they seemed to be close enough to throw things at them.

Cheers,
Lee