[OM] Battery Eaters

Subject: [OM] Battery Eaters
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 04:21:33 EDT
I recently had to change out what I THOUGHT was fairly fresh set of Energizer
357s in the OM-2S after only a few rolls of film, at most.  Checked 'em when
I got home.  One still read 1.5V.  The other was a dud.  Both bought together
at the same time.  I always buy from the back of the rack/shelf, etc.,
whether it's batteries or cereal, (that's USUALLY where the new stock goes --
to the back, but with some clerks today you never know unless you SEE it
being put there) but still got a bum battery.  Yeah, I know about the
discharge curve of these -- it was just way too premature in its failure.  Or
is there another possibility?

Makes me wonder how many "battery eater" cameras got that reputation in part
or whole from bad batteries like that, or from batteries with lousy discharge
curves?  This particular OM-2S went all last year on one set (I religiously
used red B/60, took 'em out between uses).

Rich